Monday, February 07, 2005

Class #1

[week 1 at prison 2/7/05 - art philosophy]

I am really excited by the group of guys there. They were very easy to talk to, and it was cool that there were some who had taken these classes before and others who haven't. It helped that Prof. DeWilde was there to give a run-down of CWC (more detailed than I could have given).

We had intros, talked a little bit about 'art', then jumped into the reading for the week. Seemed to respond well to it, and they all had plenty to say. What I want to do better for next week:

-I have to lay out some ground rules for discussions, such as raising hands. it'll keep things from getting messy, and i'll have to be a more alert facilitator i think.
-Though I know I mumbled around a bit and wasn't all that articulate, i didn't know that I said 'like' constantly. This will be a hard habit to break, but it has to happen here.
-Should really print out the syllabus, so that I can actually give it to the class. oops.that's it for now, good luck emily and erin at Jobcorps monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home